About UsYuck Old Paint ® was founded by Chief Yuck Officer, Raea Jean Leinster, in response to an unmet market need to remove old paint cans from the multitude of clients she has worked with for over a decade as a faux finisher and decorative painter. We are a landfill diversion solution for the old cans of paint in your home, commercial building, military base or municipality.
Yuck Old Paint is:
- EPA Certified (#R-I-18499-10-34370 Exp. 10/20/2020)
- DOT Hazardous Materials Certified (49 CFR 172.702 / 49 CFR 172.704)
- VA DEQ Universal Waste Handler Certified (40 CFR 273.16 and 40 CFR 273.36)
- Best Green Business, Virginia Green Travel Alliance, 2019
- Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Certified, 2019
- A Woman-owned business
- Best Green Business, Arlington Chamber of Commerce, 2015
- Based in Northern Virginia (Tysons / Fairfax)
• Deborah M., Operations Manager
Deborah has 10 years of sales, operations and logistics experience with companies in various trade industries (HVAC, plumbing, disaster restoration, junk hauling). She used to refer her customers to Yuck Old Paint, now she works for us! Deborah oversees the daily, gritty details of warehouse operations and field team logistics.
• Kimberly D., Collections Specialist.
Kim is a licensed fine artist, faux finisher, and loves helping our customers keep paint out of the landfills!
• Morgan J., Druid and Planet Protector Gladiator
Morgan has over 10 years paint retail sales experience at Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams stores, including specialty paints for Hollywood movie studios. Morgan has the auspicious duty of converting paint deemed too sour for reuse into a solid waste material, protecting the soil and water tables from liquid paint contamination.