About UsYuck Old Paint ® was founded by Chief Yuck Officer, Raea Jean Leinster, in response to an unmet market need to remove old paint cans from the multitude of clients she has worked with for over a decade as a faux finisher and decorative painter.
• EPA Certified (#R-I-18499-10-34370 Exp. 10/20/2020)
• DOT Hazardous Materials Certified (49 CFR 172.702 / 49 CFR 172.704)
• VA DEQ Universal Waste Handler Certified (40 CFR 273.16 and 40 CFR 273.36)
• A Woman-owned business
• Based in Northern Virginia (Tysons / Fairfax)
• Best Green Business Award Winner, Arlington Chamber of Commerce, 2015
The Yuck Old Paint team includes:
• Deborah M., Operations Manager. Deborah has 10 years of sales, operations and logistics experience with companies in various trade industries (HVAC, plumbing, disaster restoration, junk hauling). She used to refer her customers to Yuck Old Paint, now she works
for us! Deborah oversees the daily, gritty details of warehouse operations and field team logistics.
• Michelle M., Waste Management Consultant. Michelle has over 20 years expertise in the waste and recycling industries across the United States. She is a board member of the Maryland Chapter of SWANA (Solid Waste Association of North America), an immediate past board member of the National Recycling Coalition; former Waste/Recycling Manager at NC State in Raleigh, NC; and has consulted on projects and programs for municipalities and private companies nationwide, most recently with the Washington, DC Public Schools System.
• Kimberly D., Collections Specialist. Kim is a licensed fine artist, faux finisher, and loves helping our customers keep paint out of the landfills!
• Milena D., Collections Specialist. Milena is a licensed fine artist, faux finisher, and loves helping our customers keep paint out of the landfills!
• Aaron M., Collections Specialist. Aaron has 10 years experience in the waste hauling industry and is excited to be part of a long-overdue solution for a difficult material. He is also a retired USMC veteran.
• AJ A., Collections Specialist. AJ has 3 years experience in the waste hauling industry and is excited to be part of a long-overdue solution for a difficult material. AJ is also a professional track and field coach and looks forward to competing in the 2020 Olympics.
• Morgan J., Druid and Planet Protector Gladiator. Morgan has over 10 years paint retail sales experience at Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams stores, including specialty paints for Hollywood movie studios. Morgan has the auspicious duty of converting paint deemed too sour for reuse into a solid waste material, protecting the soil and water tables from liquid paint contamination.